Select Page

R Roy Davidson Law Office

Address: 645 Main Street, Pincher Creek | Phone: (403) 627-3013

Wills & Estate Planning

Everyone, but especially seniors and parents should think about the worst-case scenario. Consider how preparing a Will might make the process easier for your loved ones. Roy can prepare your Will, a Personal Directive (also known as a Living Will), and an Enduring Power of Attorney for you. Thoughtful and careful planning on your part is a kindness toward those you leave behind.

Real Estate

Buying a home? Selling? Leasing? For more than 30 years, Roy has been handling Real Estate and Mortgages for his clients.

Corporate and Commercial

Buying or selling a business? There are important legal and financial considerations for you to consider. Need help understanding everything you have to do with your company? Roy can look after all of this for you.


Roy has been involved in the criminal justice system for over 40 years, with experience as an RCMP Officer, a prosecutor, defence counsel, as well as law instructor for policing students.

Office Hours

Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Closed Daily: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Evening and Weekend Appointments Available

Notary Public

Roy is a Notary Public and is pleased to assist individuals who need documentation notarized—usually without any fee.


Do I need to have a Will?

Most parents want to be able to name a guardian for their minor children, in case something happens to them; this can be done in a Will. Anyone who has assets should consider what will happen to those assets on their death. A Will is just one of a number of estate planning tools one should consider, to ensure their last wishes are respected and effective. Wills should be reviewed and updated periodically—every 5 years or so.

What is a Personal Directive?

A Personal Directive, sometimes called a Living Will, is a document by which you appoint someone to make certain decisions on your behalf, in case you lose your mental capacity through Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cause. Your spouse or next of kin may not give direction to doctors and other care givers if you are incapacitated—unless you have signed a Personal Directive. Without one, they will have to apply for a court order to act on your behalf.

What is the difference between a Personal Directive and an Enduring Power of Attorney? Do I need them both?

Both come into play in the event you lose your mental capacity. Both authorize someone else to make decisions for you, if you are unable. A Personal Directive covers decisions regarding your person—medical, health care, and end of life decisions, while an Enduring Power of Attorney covers decisions regarding your property and assets. Most people need both.

What does a Will cost?

Will – Individual: $300 Couple: $500
Personal Directive – Individual: $300 Couple: $500
Enduring Power of Attorney – Individual: $300 Couple: $500
All three – Individual: $650 Couple: $1100

Is it true that you make house calls?

Yes – for seniors and shut-ins.

About Roy

Roy has been an accomplished lawyer for over 30 years. After his family firm of Davidson & Williams left Pincher Creek, he spent some years teaching law in the Criminal Justice Program at Lethbridge College. He has now returned to Pincher Creek, to practice law on his own. Glad to be back, Roy is keen to serve new clients as well as those he has known for years.

Always active in his community, Roy has served in a variety of community organizations including school board, school council, Chamber of Commerce, economic development, Rotary and Search and Rescue. Married to Dawne, they have two daughters, both grown and married. He enjoys being in the outdoors in the area around Pincher Creek and Waterton.

Contact Me Now To Book A Consultation.

10 + 7 =


  • Wills & Estate Planning

  • Real Estate

  • Corporate and Commercial

  • Criminal

  • Notary Public

645B Main Street, Pincher Creek, AB

Office Hours

  • Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
  • Closed Daily: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
  • Evening and Weekend Appointments Available

R. Roy Davidson Law Office

R. Roy Davidson Law Office


Phone: 403-627-3013
Address: PO BOX 1329
645 Main Street
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0

Independently Associated With Davidson & Williams LLP , 501 – 4 Street South in Lethbridge, AB, (403) 328-1766